Posted on: 19 March 2018
Cleaning your gold rings regularly will keep them looking brand new longer. The process is simple and doesn't require any sophisticated equipment. Here are some tips to help you clean your gold rings with or without gemstones.
Soap and Water
Your gold rings without gemstones don't need any fancy cleaners, a little soap and water go a long way. Here is how you can use soap and water to clean your gold rings.
- Get a small bowl and fill it with some lukewarm water.
- Pour in some mild dishwashing soap.
- Put your gold rings into the mixture and then leave it for twenty minutes.
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean dirt and residue off the ring.
- Rinse off the ring with some water and then dry it with a soft towel.
- Leave the ring to air dry to remove any moisture that you may not have caught.
An ammonia solution is another great way to clean gold rings that do not have precious stones. Here is how you use it:
- Mix about half a cup of ammonia with three cups of water.
- Soak your ring for at least one minute in the solution.
- Once a minute has passed take out the ring and rinse it with some water and allow it to air dry.
Cleaning Rings With Gemstones
If your rings contain gemstones, then you cannot submerge them for any length of time in ammonia or water. Although some diamonds will not be damaged, it is almost guaranteed that other stones such as emeralds, sapphires or rubies will be. However, since rings with stones also need cleaning, here are some tips for cleaning them safely.
- In a bowl mix some lukewarm water with some mild dishwashing soap.
- Next, you should take a soft cloth and dip it in the mixture.
- Gently use the solution to clean your gemstone.
- Carefully use a cloth to clean the gold areas on the ring surrounding the gemstone.
- Next use a new piece of cloth that has been dampened only with water to clean the soap off the gemstone and the gold areas of the ring.
- Wipe off the ring with a soft, dry cloth.
- Allow the ring to air dry.
Cleaning your gold rings properly is not difficult once you know how to do it correctly. A proper cleaning every few months will help you to keep your rings looking brand new for longer. Check out a website like http://solsjewelryandloan.net/ for more information and assistance.Share